Monday, July 27, 2009

Family Photo by Christina Wong


The first week of motherhood has been wonderful. I am completely overjoyed and could not be happier. Landon is doing very well. He eats well(taking 3oz every 3-4 hours), sleeps well and has a great digestive system(just like his daddy). We are going to be using a lot of diapers(16 per day). A lot!

We had our first doctors visit today with Dr. Stephanie Whang, Landon's pediatrician and my longtime childhood friend. It was also our first trip on the road since returning home from the hospital. Landon has gained 1/2 pound and we have gotten the okay to let him sleep up to 5 hours at night. Whooohooo! Can't complain because he has been sleeping fours at a time in the evenings. Overall, he is doing great!

Norman, Landon and I are very lucky...we have a great support system. My mom and sister have been around everyday to help out in a major way. My mom has been cooking for us and making sure I'm getting the nutrients I need to heal properly(lots of ginger and chicken). Aside from my mom and sister...the extended family has also been lending a helping hand. I've been getting the rest I need and have been very relaxed. More than I thought I'd be.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes, the gifts(especially for all the diapers) and visits.

The photo was taken by a very sweet and thoughtful friend, Christina Wong. Thanks Christina.

2 comments:

Sandy Urbino said...

What a great photo Marcella. I am totally seeing the scrapbook page in my mind.
Glad to hear you and baby Landon are doing so well I am very happy for you and Norman.

Erick,Roxy and Sophia said...

Sounds like Landon is a very easy going baby, unlike daddy.